The sizes that come from ready-made clothes and patterns are only a general indication of the body measurements – in reality, each body is different. Even if you do wear a size 8, for example, a general size 8 may never fit you perfectly, or not in all dimensions. Taking the body measurements before sewing a piece of clothing is an absolute must.
To take measurements and accurately determine your clothing size, you will need a centimeter tape, a flat floor, a wall, and a pen with paper.
When measuring, remember:
- the centimeter should fit snugly to the body, but not be very tight or loosened;
- when taking horizontal measurements, the tape should go strictly parallel to the floor;
- make sure that the centimeter tape is not twisted during measurements;
- the measurements are taken in your natural position while standing with your hands down (do not pull in, do not strain, do not stick out);
- it is better to take measurements in tight clothing or in underwear and to wear the bra you use most often.
To find out what size of shirt you need, first determine three main indicators: the circumference of the bust, waist and hips.
- For bust, measure under your arms around the fullest part of the bust and make sure to keep the tape level.
- For waist make sure the measuring tape fits comfortably as you measure around the narrowest part of your natural waist line.
- For hips stand with your feet together and measure around the fulest part of you hips.
If you are very careful and scrupulous about buying clothes online and are still in doubt whether the model of the product is right for you, will fit in your figure, will press under the arms, in the shoulders, or is too long or short in height, take additional measurements. So you will guess as accurately as possible with the size.
- Neck circumference. According to this indicator, is selected the right the size of the shirts. Measured across the base of the neck at the back and above the jugular cavity in front.
- The width of the chest is measured horizontally, 2-3 cm above the front corners of the armpits.
- Back width is measured horizontally across the back between the back corners of the armpits.
Mass tailoring of women’s clothing cannot be individual, but all manufacturers, adhere to generally accepted standards developed by experts on the average parameters of physique, height, weight (in each country in different ways).
If your options are between two sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size.
Find out the Amarena Secret’s guide size and tips how to measure. Amarena Secret is following Italian measuring standards.